Computer Support Specialist
Slakey Brothers currently has an amazing opportunity available to join our IT Team in Elk Grove, CA as a Computer Support Specialist! This position is Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm.
About Slakey Brothers
Slakey Brothers, established in 1939, is a wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Plumbing dedicated to providing the best service and value to our Customers in Northern & Central California, Western Nevada and Southern Oregon.
Our Mission: “Provide all of our customers with quality products and services the first time, every time, and to provide all Team Members opportunity and job satisfaction.”
The Computer Support Specialist is responsible for front-line support of all office and branch computers, mobile devices, printers, and network devices. This position works with other IT staff in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting technical equipment., and will assist in team member set up, changes, and separations in systems like Active Directory, O365, and our ERP system, Prophet 21.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs, maintains, and repairs computers in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Configures, supports, and trains Team Members on how to use packaged software, such as Microsoft Office.
- Provides remote client support using software such as LogMeIn.
- Create, change, or remove Team Members from all necessary systems.
- Assists customers over the phone, via email, and in person.
- Carefully tracks assets in an asset management system.
- Participates in hardware and software refresh cycles.
- Helps maintain internal ticketing system, release schedules, change logs, and knowledge base articles, ensuring the accuracy of all records and timely assignment of all tasks/tickets.
- Troubleshoots Tier I/II level issues, escalating to more senior level technicians as necessary.
- Tracks and reports trending issues to supervisor.
- High School Graduation /GED with a desire to continue education in an IT related field.
- Must possess or be willing to pass CompTIA A+
- Superior customer service-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with staff with varying levels of technical expertise
- Can do attitude with a go-getter mindset.
- Willing to “think outside of the box” and identify process improvement opportunities
- High degree of honesty, ethics
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license, maintain an acceptable driving record, and have accessibility to reliable transportation, as some travel to local branches may be necessary.
Competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package including healthcare coverage, long term disability insurance, Profit Sharing 401(k) Retirement Plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick leave, and tuition reimbursement program.
Slakey Brothers is a drug free company and EOE.
For an opportunity to join our winning team, please apply online at https://slakeybrothers.applytojob.com/